Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Chicken Chase

From: Garrett Maher <maher.garrett@gmail.com>
To: Mom-Mom <mmteeple@verizon.net>
Date: Aug 28, 2011 7:13 PM
Subject: The Chicken Chase

Hi Mom-Mom,
Hurricane Irene blew through last night and ruffled some feathers. Jessy wanted to be sure her chicken Morgan was ok and in doing so, I witnessed a nail biting chicken chase.

It was clear Morgan knew a thing or two about being chased. She ran faster than the speed of light, dodging her hen-mates and changing direction in a flash, attempting to throw Jessy off. The ladies squawked and feathers flew! I watched with bated breath as they zipped through the hen yard. Jessy was not to be underestimated. She swooped in for the catch and in an instant the chase was over.

My cousin Jessy is pretty cool. I hope she teaches me about chasing chickens when I’m older.




No comments:

Post a Comment