Friday, May 20, 2011

My Fun-cation to Virginia

From: Garrett Maher <maher.garrett@gmail.com>
To: Mom-Mom <mmteeple@verizon.net>
Date: May 20, 2011 3:19 PM
Subject: My Fun-cation to Virginia

Hi Mom-Mom,

Grammy and Grand Pop treated Mama and I to a fun-cation! We went to Virginia with my cousins Kyle, Liam, Jess, Gavin, Anna Banana and my friends James, Ben and Henry. We left before dawn cracked to beat the rush hour and so we would sleep in the car on the way. We didn’t sleep a wink, but I’m pretty sure we beat the rush hour.

We went to Williamstown and saw a fife and drum brigade!  We marched in a parade and watched soldiers shoot a real cannon and muskets. We visited the Jamesburg Settlement where I met the tool maker’s assistant… I think she kinda liked me. We tried on metal armor and saw how canoes and tools and food were made in the old days. We even went on a big ship. On the last day we went to Busch Gardens. The rides looked fun but I was too little to try them out. Mom says we’ll be back when I’m older.

I don’t think we beat the rush hour on the way home because it took over five hours. I was so happy when we pulled in our driveway and I got to see my dad.  We were away for three days and I really missed him.

Love,
Garrett



No comments:

Post a Comment